Corporate Legal Advisor
Component and Services Supplier Contracts
Pro-actively manage ESCATEC’s exposure and risk prior to contract signing by ensuring Contractual Terms and Conditions promote the companies interest and limit exposure to potentially adverse outcomes.
- Reporting to the Director of Customer Service.
- Review of contracts: Draft, revise and analyse standard and customised commercial contracts with suppliers, and partners. Including NDAs, Supplier Agreements and Manufacturing Agreements.
- Support contracts negotiation: Work with Directors and external legal counsel where necessary in reviewing and negotiating standard and non-standard commercial contracts with suppliers and partners.
- Risk management: Identify, assess and propose solutions to manage the risks associated with individual contracts and the way business is conducted in general. Work with Directors and external legal counsel to review and approve contract deviations beyond own designated authority.
- Policy development and implementation: Identify improvement opportunities in existing contract templates. Ensure compliance with established internal polices for the review, execution, and record-keeping of contracts.
- Education and training: Provide guidance and advice to the organisation and liaise with other corporate functions, as to company preferential contractual terms. Identify commercial, operational and legal risks and advise how to resolve, mitigate or manage those risks.
- Provide support to Customer Contracts legal advisor during times of high workload.
SCOPE: Corporate function supporting all ESCATEC Independent Business Units.
- Commercial Law: In depth understanding of business law, contract law, laws and regulations with respect to the purchase and sale of goods services and related legal concepts, such as export compliance, warranties, intellectual property and corporate social responsibility in a cross-jurisdictional context, including practical application in a business environment.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in English language (including presentation skills) and excellent interpersonal skills within a multinational organisation and multicultural environment.
- Solid risk assessment skills
- High ethical standards
- Bachelor in law or above
- 3 - 5 years working experience reviewing commercial contracts terms and conditions for large projects
- Prefer candidates with corporate experience
- Strong communication skills in English language (oral and written)
- Must have good business sense and can work under pressure