Subcon 2018, the UK’s premier sub-contract manufacturing supply show, is returning to the Birmingham NEC this June 5th to 7th, featuring 350 suppliers under one roof and highlighting the very best of the British manufacturing industry.
Now in its 42nd year, Subcon has firmly established itself as a must-attend event for manufacturing professionals looking to source new suppliers and secure the right partners.
The show covers a vast array of sectors - from Automotive, Energy, Oil & Gas and Electronics to Aerospace, Materials, Rail and Defence & Security. It offers an opportunity to meet world-class suppliers, and to see the latest innovations in contract manufacturing services, in-house production and product development.
According to the organisers, last year’s show attracted just over 4,300 unique visitors, 92% of whom said their specific intention was to source products and services.
Attendees of this year’s show can look forward to taking advantage of three days of tailored conference content, free of charge. There will also be the chance to update on the latest trends in manufacturing excellence, to familiarise with the newest insights around supply chain optimisation and to hear first-hand examples of best-practise case studies from leaders in the industry.
This year Subcon is joining forces with the Engineer Expo to offer a combined event dedicated to serving the UK’s manufacturing and engineering industries.
To ensure you make the most of your time at the event, here’s a rundown of the key things you’ll need to know:
Subcon 2018 is being held at the Birmingham NEC. If you’re intending to drive, the SATNAV postcode is B40 1NT. The NEC is near junction 6 of the M42 motorway, adjacent to Birmingham Airport and Birmingham International Railway.
2) Getting There
By Road: Birmingham is at the centre of the UK motorway network, enabling visitors to travel directly from the M6, M1, M40, and M42.
By Rail: The NEC and NEC Arena are accessible via Birmingham International rail station, connected by a covered bridgelink. London is 90 minutes away and trains also run direct to many regional towns and cities. Click here to find out about the special NEC business to business discount.
By Air: Birmingham International Airport is served by more than 20 international airlines and is conveniently situated just a few minutes from the NEC. Together they provide scheduled flights from 34 destinations within the UK, Europe and North America.
The NEC has generous parking, with daily charges ranging from £12 per day for standard, pre-paid and disabled parking, and up to £20 per day for Express Parking. A regular shuttle service runs between the carpark and the halls from one hour prior to the show start time through to one hour after the show finish time each day. For those happy to walk from the carpark, there is clear signage to guide you.
Entry to the show is free of charge. To save queuing on the day and make the most of your time, you can pre-register.
5) Opening Times
Tuesday 5 June: 09.30 - 16.30
Wednesday 6 June: 09.30 - 16.30
Thursday 7 June: 09.30 - 16.00
6) Making the Most of Your Visit
- There are likely to be more booths to see than there is time available to visit them! So create a check-list ahead of time of all your must-see vendors and presentations. If there’s someone you're especially keen to talk to then it’s a good idea to contact them before the show to book an appointment.
- Ask the show organisers for a copy of the floorplan before the day so you can work out the best route to include all your must-see exhibitors and avoid any unnecessary detours.
- Make sure to schedule your appointments to allow a little buffer time between each of them, just in case a meeting runs longer than expected.
- Set aside some time at the end of each day to review each of the vendors you spoke to, so you can compile ideas and compare notes. You might also want to make a note of any that are offering special trade show specials that you want to take advantage of.
If you'd like to chat with us about outsourcing opportunities, the JJS team will be located on Stand E60.