The seventh annual Engineering Design Show is returning to the Ericsson Exhibition Hall at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry this October 17th & 18th, 2018.
This must-visit exhibition will showcase more than 220 first-class exhibitors from the fields of engineering, electronics and embedded design and is expected to attract in excess of 4000 visitors from the design engineering community.
The two-day event will offer also keynote speeches from industry experts representing leading brands across aerospace, automotive, electronics and motorsport, with guest speakers including:
- Scott Cooper, Field Marketing Manager at Silicon Labs
- Valerie Lynch, CEO of AND Technology Research Ltd
- Michael Chen, CEO of BIX Connectors
- Ralf Bruening, Product Manager and Senior Consultant at Zuken
- Asif Moghal, Senior Industry Manager, Design and Manufacturing, at Autodesk.
Practical workshops demonstrating the latest developments in engineering technology will also take place within two theatres on the show floor, covering a range of topics from software design and rapid prototyping to material selection and test and measurement.
To ensure you make the very most of your time at the exhibition, we've put together an 8-point plan covering all the need-to-know information on getting there, who to see and finding your way around.
Ricoh Arena Phoenix Way, Foleshill, Coventry, CV6 6GE. The Arena is located just off Junction 3 of the M6 motorway and is conveniently located close to Birmingham International Airport and major railway stations.
Wednesday 17 October: 10:00 - 17:00 (conference starts at 9:15)
Thursday 18 October: 10:00 - 17:00 (conference starts at 9:15)
The Engineering Design Show (including access to all conference and workshop sessions) is completely free to attend - however you’ll need to pre-register online.
You can start to plan your visit by downloading the full list of exhibitors and their stand locations here.
Car: If you are planning to drive, the SATNAV postcode to use in CV6 6GE.
Train: Coventry Arena Train Station has recently opened next to the Ricoh Arena, offering one train per hour in either direction. You can download the timetable here.
Coventry Train Station is in the City Centre, approximately six miles from the Ricoh Arena. You can view the daily timetable here.
Bus: There is a bus service operating from Coventry Train Station to the Ricoh Arena via buses, 4,5,20,20A and 20E. For more information about regular bus services follow this link.
Taxi: The local taxi service is Allens Taxis 02476 55 55 55.
Carparks A, B and C provide over 2000 onsite parking bays and are available for use throughout the exhibition. The carparks operate an automatic registration plate scanning system on arrival and departure. You can pay for parking in advance, visit a pay station on site or pay via the Ricoh Arena website.
There are a number of hotels either on-site or within easy reach (5-15 minutes’ taxi ride) of the Ricoh Arena that are offering special rates for the exhibition. To book your accommodation with the promoted discount you’ll need to quote EDS.
8) Making the most of your time
- Book appointments: With limited time and so many people to potentially see, it makes sense to pre-book appointments with those exhibitors you’re especially keen to speak to.
- Request a floorplan: We’d recommend contacting the organisers several days beforehand to request a copy of the floor plan. Knowing where key suppliers are going to be located can make all the difference, and remove all the guesswork, when it comes to planning your route through the Arena.
- Review your notes: Exhibitions can be exhausting and exhilarating in equal measure, so to ensure you get the most out of your visit we’d recommend reviewing your notes at the end of each day so you know what follow-up is required and you keep track of any special offers.
- Get social: You can follow the show’s progress and get latest insights from exhibitors by following them on twitter at @EngDesignShow or joining their Linked In group.
LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS POST